Data Protection Policy
“Personal data” refers to any data whether true or not about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, data is collected in the following ways:
1. When you apply and volunteer with TCIMR;
2. When you apply for any of our events ;
3. When you apply to be a donor of TCIMR;
4. When you apply to be an employee of TCIMR; and/or
5. When you submit a general enquiry.
Purpose for the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data
In general, TCIMR may collect, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
1. Informing you of upcoming activities and administering the activities;
2. Administering the events;
3. Processing your donations along with your tax-deduction claims with the relevant authorities;
4. Recording and processing your donation;
5. Administering and maintaining information about your donations and your profile;.
6. Compiling and analyzing donation and donor data;.
7. Compliance monitoring and audit reviews both internal and external;
8. Complying with all applicable regulations, laws and internal policies and procedures;
9. Informing you about this website, its services, related information, terms, conditions and policies;
10. Administering the processes relating to your employment;
11. Responding and handling your queries, feedback and complaints;
12. Conducting of analysis for the purpose of service quality improvement; and/or;
13. Purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid;
Disclosure of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will only be disclosed to other parties to perform the services of this website. You shall be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of your Personal Data. TCIMR will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data against unauthorized disclosure, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your personal data may be disclosed for the purposes listed to the following entities or parties, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
1. Companies providing services relating to the purposes aforementioned above;
2. Relevant government ministries, regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any government authority (including MOH and TCMPB); and/or
3. Any other party to whom you authorised us to disclose your personal data to.
Retention of Personal Data
TCIMR retains such personal data as may be required for operational/ legal purposes or regulatory purposes and such purposes do vary according to the circumstances.
Withdrawal of Consent
Please note if you withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data, depending on the nature of your request, TCIMR may not be in a position to continue to provide its products and services to you.
Personal Data Protection Statement
Thong Chai Institute of Medical Research (TCIMR) aims to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) and respect your choices in respect of your personal data.
The main purposes for which your personal data is collected, used or disclosed by TCIMR and its service providers in Singapore include providing you with our services (including events administration), managing newsletters ‘subscriptions and donor information, and addressing questions and feedback, improving our services.
TCIMR has a Data Protection Policy which provides more information about how we collect, use and disclose your personal data.
2. Would like to report an incident where there has been a breach of personal data;
4. Would like to obtain access and make corrections to your persona data records;
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org