Terms and Conditions
1. In this document:
(i)“TCIMR” refers to Thong Chai Institute of Medical Research, the owner and operator of the donation portal in the website, and includes its officers, directors, agents and employees.
(ii)“Donation Portal” refers to the online donation portal on this website, its information and/or functions associated with it, whether in part or in whole.
(iii)“User” refers to the donor and/or any third party using Donation Portal
2. Donation transactions must be made using the means specified by Donation Portal.
3. All donations are non-refundable.
5. TCIMR reserves the right at its sole discretion to deny or restrict access to Donation Portal to any party at any time.
6. TCIMR reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or discontinue,temporarily or permanently, Donation Portal at any time. Such right may be exercised without prior notice for reasons that may or may not be beyond TCIMR’s control, including but not limited to internet, email, network, computer hardware and/or software malfunction, failure, damage or delay.
7. User agrees not to decompile, reverse engineer, modify, compile, and/or commercially exploit Donation Portal, and/or in any way whatsoever allow any third party access to Donation Portal for any unlawful or unauthorised purpose.
8. Donation Portal is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise. Donation Portal is solely at the user’s own risk.
9. To the fullest extent permitted by law, TCIMR does not warrant and disclaim any and all other warranties, whether express or implied, including but not limited to:
a. The accuracy, correctness, reliability, timeliness, non-infringement, title, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of Donation Portal or part thereof, including hyperlinks to or services from other parties; and/or
b. That Donatio Portal will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that it is and will be free of all viruses and/or other harmful elements.
10. TCIMR shall not be liable in any event to any user for failure of any service or any damage in connection with access to, use of, denial of access or restricted access to, modification, suspension and/or discontinuation of Donation Portal.
11. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, TCIMR shall not be liable for any defect, default, deficiency or malfunction in any device, computer, internet service provider or telecommunication system or network, viruses or other malicious software or denial of service attacks that may affect the use of Donation Portal.
12. User agrees that use of Donation Portal is conditioned upon user’s waiver of any right to sue TCIMR for damages or losses related to the use of Donation Portal. User shall be responsible for ensuring that all particulars are correct, including but not limited to donor name, identity number, donation amount etc before submission of the donation instruction. No refunds or changes will be allowed once the submission has been made.
13. No failure to exercise, nor any delay in exercising, on the part of TCIMR, any right under these terms and conditions shall operate as a waiver thereof.
14. The headings in this agreement are for ease of reference only and shall not be taken into consideration in the construction or interpretation of this Agreement.
15. If any Provision of this Agreement is deemed unlawful or unenforceable, such provision shall be severed from this Agreement without prejudice to all other provisions which shall remain enforceable.
16. The construction and interpretation of this Agreement shall be subject to and governed by the laws of Singapore. The user agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Singapore.
17. A person who is not a party to this Agreement shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act to enforce any of its terms and conditions.
18. TCIMR reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to vary the above terms and conditions from time to time. This Agreement may not be varied except in writing signed by a duly authorised officer or representative of TCIMR.
19. Use and/or continued use of Donation Portal constitute agreement by the user to be bound by the terms and conditions, which may change from time to time. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use Donation Portal.